Gallery Development Project
Lechwe Trust has no permanent space to accommodate its works. This fine art collection is currently stored in two containers, except for occasions when it is exhibited in hired spaces such as galleries and museums around the country.
Recent activities have made a gallery a possibility. Aylmer May Cemetery Restoration Trust is developing part of its land in an ideal location in Lusaka. Included in the new complex is an area allocated free for the Lechwe Trust gallery.
The Lechwe Trust gallery will be housed in the building in the foreground.
With a gallery of its own Lechwe Trust will be able to:
- house and display the Lechwe Trust art collection for continuous public view;
- create a community outreach space for art education and cultural exchange programmes;
- preserve contemporary artistic heritage and contribute to sustainable tourism;
- assist visual artists access more professionally-managed space for display of their art;
- offer school children and groups guided tours and video projections of Zambian art;
- provide Zambia with a public visual art national gallery.